Monday, November 3, 2008

Locatelli quote

I have been asked, numerous times, why I, a 21-year-old guy loves to be in the kitchen and cook so much? I generally give the same response, "I just enjoy making people smile and enjoying a meal with friends and family."

As I came home tonight, and sat down with the last of the Viognier in the fridge, I noticed the back cover of Giorgio Locatelli's Made In Italy book on my desk.

It reads:

"Italians just want to welcome people by sharing what they have, however simple, in abundance. An Italian's role in life is to feed people. A lot. We can't help it."

This summed up perfectly why I love to cook, why I bother reading cook books, magazines, blogs and message boards continuously. I do it to see people happy, smiling and enjoying themselves, in the presence of other friends and family, hoping that a new friendship can be made at that table that extends to them sharing their own kitchen and table with others.

No comments: